|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Remove Prefs Manual Uninstall!!! Source Code Members Screenshots|
- 07/24/2010: Major issue for people updating to 0.6.0.1. See this page for a fix.
- 07/14/2010: 0.6.0.1: Added the Mac code provided by Mark Lindsay back in August of 2009. Fixed an issue with prefs not getting saved on the first run.
- 07/17/2009: updated .xpi file... had some invalid references in the chrome.manifest to de-DE and it-IT localization files. Thanks for the heads up Lisa!
- 07/13/2009: 0.6.0.0: Complete re-write. Supports Firefox 3.5; moved all my code to it's own namespace. Global namespace says Respect mah authoritah! Also added some options; how 'Bad characters' get handled, where datestamp gets added, how unique filenames are generated, etc.
- 12/30/2008: I've been slacking off. Time to clean up some issues noted in the mailing lists and clean up the code a bit. New version 0.5.1.0 is the result. Also got my addons.mozilla.org account under my current email, so that will be updated as soon as it gets cleared. W00t!
- 07/10/2008: 0.5.0.7: updated version info for Firefox 3.0.1 Beta
- 04/03/2008: 0.5.0.6: updated version info for Firefox 3 Beta 5... Never updated my email on addons.mozilla.org when I switched ISPs; have since forgotten my password for that. Arg!!!
- 09/29/2006: 0.5.0.5: pulled content out of .jar file updated for 2.0 RC1
- 01/30/2006: 0.5.0.4: fixed skin registration if using install.rdf
- 01/27/2006: 0.5.0.3; fr-FR trans from Bruno Michel; fix if page title not found default to URL, 'make filename unique' now defaults to incr. number scheme
- 11/03/2005: Added fix for deskcut to link target not working.
- 09/12/2005: Added version number update to support 1.5 Beta
- 08/02/2005: Added option to download old releases to install page.
- 05/25/2005: 0.5.0.0 release with three locales:de-DE, en-EN, and it-IT. Thanks to Alan Ziesik (de-DE) and Giuliano Masseroni (it-IT) for the translations of the new stuff. Alan also picked up a bunch of nagging bug. A bunch of feature enhancements: Audio alerts, change overwrite behavior, change naming convention, force unique file names.
- 03/15/2005: 0.4.1.3 release with five locales: cs-CZ,en-US,es-ES,it-IT and pl-PL. Thanks to Aaron Power (cs-CZ), Proyecto NAVE (es-ES), Giuliano Masseroni (it-IT) and Bartosz Piec (pl-PL).Likely the last release prior to the 0.5.0.0 rewrite.
- 12/18/2004: Thanks to George Bader and Axel Schmidt for pointing out a 0.4.1.1 installer bug. New version 0.4.1.2 up to fix the issue as well as manual uninstall instructions.
- 11/25/2004: New prefs dialog box done...
- 11/20/2004: Update to support Firefox 1.0; work started on assorted requests including prompt on overwrite and Favorites integration...
- 09/15/2004: Updated to Firefox 0.10; added tranlation by Bartosz Piec ... his contribution also promted me to clean up some of the localization bits.
- 07/25/2004: Michael Giuliano noted an error message under Windows. Added info to Bugs section.
- 06/18/2004: Fixed Install.js for Mozilla Install...
- 06/16/2004: Added an about dialog box and some spiffy icons... Oh yeah, the new mozilla update site rocks!
- 06/12/2004: Got around to updating to the new install API; Firefox 0.9 is happy
- 04/21/2004: OK; Some Linux screencaps... Linux support seems 'happy'
- 04/12/2004: Got around to upping 0.2...
- 04/02/2004: Deskcut XPI and source added.
- 04/01/2004: Deskcut on mozdev started. Appropriate day for a launch...
This Firefox extension adds the ability to create
desktop shortcuts from the right-context menu.
While Firefox is my browser of choice, I missed the 'Create Shortcut' context menu item from IE... Plus, I thought it would be sweet to play with the Desktop Entry that standardizes the desktop shortcuts in GNOME and KDE.
- Major issue for those updating to 0.6.0.1... Due to the names of the preferences changing from "deskcut.*" to "extensions.deskcut.*", anyone updating is having issues with the prefs not getting saved. A page detailing the fix is here.
- Get an OS/2/eComStation version running.
- Figure out flaky KDE behavior. Shortcuts at times don't show up on desktop until a log out or creation of one from context menu
- Add option for prompt on overwrite, naming convention (add date, etc.) and location opts. (static, always ask, remember last, etc.)
- Windows favorites integration.
Remote desk into work and get v0.2... The OS detect is nicer and the Linux code is there except detecting WM...
OK; the version 0.2 stuff is up, however it broke the install under Linux... Fun! Need to fix that next...
OK.... Version that works under Linux in Firefox and Moz is up... Desktop detection needs some work; all prefs seem OK...
- Finish the Linux version. Decide how we're going to determine the window manager: Existence of ~/.Desktop or ~/.gnome-desktop or something nicer? And what about other WMs? Windowmaker... Ohhhhhhh...
- Favicons. Win version seems to pick them from the URL, but a copy to /usr/bin/icons on linux would be nice...
- Get a mac version working... Hmmmmm... The code looks easy enough, just need to find someone to test it...
- Benjamin Smedberg Take his locale switcher; install some localized builds and get to work! Be sure to grab UniRed for those working lunches stuck on a Win32 box...
- Jed Brown: Wow. The friggin man. His conversion docs made the switch to the new API seamless... Also grab the official docs from Ben Goodger's site as well.
- IEView: The first .XPI I opened up and starting looking at. Plus, it's a sweet little extension for those Moz hating pages. Would be fun to try to get it to run against IE in Crossover or WINE (installed via a few different methods)
- Pike's Mozilla Firefox Extensions: I found his 'Create Shortcut' extension after mine was nearly done. His regexp code (the code to yank all the illegal characters from a filename) was HUGELY superior to my mess. You can see my disaster in v0.1 and in the deprecated code comments in later versions. I've since used his much nicer syntax. I'm hoping to beat him to Linux support, though!